Gluten free pizza recipe with only three ingredients? Yes! Well, three ingredients in the crust. Then you add the sauce, and the cheese, and any other toppings. . . While on a 10 day vegan cleanse, I found myself eating a LOT of chick peas. Black beans too. Have you tried my vegan black bean brownies? They are amazing! Anyway, I was tired of eating plain old chick peas all the time, but there sat my 1/2 cup dried portion ready for consumption. Pizza?? Pizza!
I blended chick peas together in a food processor with some garlic to make a paste and baked it, topped with sauce and vegetables – not bad at all! After our vegan cleanse, I tried again, but this time with three egg whites and cheese! It was perfect! I can’t believe a chick pea pizza with just three ingredients would taste so good! My husband and I have made chick pea pizza a weekly event! 🙂 It’s delicious!!!
For the Crust:
1/2 cup of dried chick peas, cooked. I find this to equal about 1 and 1/2 cups of cooked chick peas. You could probably also sub with drained and rinsed canned beans.
3 egg whites
1 Tbs minced garlic
For the Sauce: (optional. . . you can use your own sauce – or try pesto! YUM!!)
1 can of organic diced tomatoes. Tomatoes, water, salt. . . you don’t need anything else!
For the Toppings: (tailor-made for YOU . . . don’t be afraid to get creative! I even love a good pineapple on mine every once in awhile – or always. . . )
1 oz mozzarella cheese – sliced or shredded
1 oz parmesan cheese – gratted
1/2 yellow onion – chopped
1/2 green pepper – chopped
1.Preheat oven to 425 F. – Yes, this is very hot. . . it is a pizza!
2. After cooking the chick peas, rinse and drain. Combine all crust ingredients (chick peas, egg whites, garlic) in a food processor and blend until smooth.
3. Smear mixture on a parchment lined pizza pan and spread evenly in a circular pizza shape.
4. Bake for 15-20 minutes, until the crust appears dry and slightly browned around the edges. It may crack a bit in the center, but if it doesn’t, that is ok too. You really just need the egg whites to cook.
5. While your crust is baking, begin to cook down chopped onion and green pepper for your topping (or prepare toppings you would like to use!).
6. In a separate sauce pan, cook down diced tomatoes with juice (you will only use half of this for one pizza). Season with Italian Seasoning and Garlic Salt, other seasonings if you’d like as well.
7. Once your green peppers and onions are cooked down and soft, ready for your pizza, your crust should be ready! Remove gluten free pizza crust from the oven and spread tomato sauce over the top.
8. Top with pepper and onion mixture and cheeses. I also add Italian Seasoning and garlic salt one final time.
9. Return to the oven for 5-15 minutes, checking for the cheese to melt and brown to your liking.
10. Slice and enjoy!!! 😀
- 1/2 cup dried chick peas, cooked, rinsed, and drained
- 1 Tablespoon minced garlic
- 3 egg whites
- Preheat oven to 425 F.
- In a food processor, combine all three ingredients and blend until smooth.
- Spread mixture thinly on a parchment paper lined pizza pan in a circle.
- Bake for 15-20 minutes until crust is slightly dried throughout and slightly brown around the edges.
- Add desired toppings (sauce, cheese, veggies . . . ) and return to oven for 5-15 minutes, until the cheese is melted (brown if you like it crispy).
- So delicious! We have also tried this without parchment paper, and it still works, though not as good. Best served with a sprinkled of garlic salt and Italian Seasoning before and after toppings!
Did you try it? Let me know what you think!