When choosing to juice to start your day, the organic sun energy of chlorophyll is a must! This green energy from fresh leafy greens is what you should look out for when considering new juicing recipes! This “chocolate milk” recipe is packed with vitamins and nutrition, literally tastes like chocolate milk (though of course a less sweet version), and is one of the best juicing recipes I know of to start your day off right! Not only that, this is one of the easiest juicing recipes out there! Just combine equal amounts of carrot juice and green leaf lettuce juice and voila! Vegan “chocolate milk”! Cheers!
Juicing Recipes – Chocolate Milk
1 head of fresh green leaf lettuce
4-6 large carrots
sweetener (optional – I often use stevia extract powder, if it seems to need it that day)
Juice both the green leaf lettuce and carrots so there are equal amount of juice, and mix well. I juice them separately so I can get the proportions right. The sweet earthly flavor comes from the carrots, while the bitter green comes from the lettuce. It makes a powerhouse combination, especially in the morning before your taste buds have been wrecked by other daily tastes and cravings! Pour over ice and enjoy!
- 1 pound of carrots
- 1 head of romaine lettuce
- stevia extract powder sweetener (optional)
- Juice carrots and set aside
- Juice romaine lettuce (including stems) and set aside
- Blend in equal proportions and taste
- Sweeten with stevia extract powder or your favorite sweetener if desired.
- Pour over ice or blend for a frosty shake!
- I often mix this concoction with natural protein powder and cocoa powder for a real treat and added sweetness (from the carrots) and flavor to my normal protein shake!